Black Sabbath has issued another three-minute featurette, titled “The
Sabbath Sound,” containing footage of the recording sessions for the band’s new
album, 13. The disc is due out on June 11th and is the first Sabbath set
in 35 years to feature singer Ozzy Osbourne, guitarist Tony Iommi
and bassist Geezer Butler all playing together. (Blabbermouth)
Black Sabbath will make a rare TV appearance this Wednesday (May 15th) when the band performs its new song “End Of The Beginning” on the season finale of CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, airing at 10:00 p.m. ET on CBS-TV. The episode’s plot follows the CSI team as they investigate a series of murders that resemble the sins in Dante’s Inferno, with the detectives played by Ted Danson and Marc Vann attending a Sabbath concert as part of their search for clues into the killings.
- CBS has posted behind-the-scenes footage from the set online, in which Danson explains that the season finale will see his character and a trio of suspected serial killers hold a meeting backstage at a Sabbath gig.
- Sabbath bassist Geezer Butler said, “I’ve watched (CSI) – every episode — since it started, ’cause I like crime stuff, and it was realistic.”
- Ozzy Osbourne, whose previous TV experience includes the reality show The Osbournes, added, “I’m not an actor. It’s like a hurry-up-and-wait. When you see it on TV, it’s all done, but when you’re filming, there’s a lot of stuff going on.”
- The track is taken from the group’s upcoming album 13, due out on June 11th. The disc is the first Sabbath album in 35 years to feature Ozzy, bassist Geezer Butler and guitarist Tony Iommi.
- Sabbath will launch a North American tour in support of the new CD on July 25th in the Woodlands, Texas.