Cuomo administration responds to second Times report

Cuomo administration responds to second Times report

Photo: WHCU

Governor Andrew Cuomo’s administration has responded to a critical Thursday New York Times report, saying that his office contacted members of the commission to correct inaccuracies in last week’s story.
The statement released Thursday says several members of the commission issued personal statements to clear the public record, and that the statements reiterated comments made over the past year.
The statement also says that the administration won’t comment any more, because the U.S. attorney has made it clear that ongoing public dialogue is not helpful to the investigation into the commission.

Here is the full statement:

“We are aware of the letter sent by the U.S Attorney for the Southern District. The New York Times published a story last week that generated a wave of news reports across the state, some with numerous inaccuracies, and we wanted to correct them. We discussed these concerns with relevant parties. Several members of the Commission (District Attorneys and a law school dean) issued personal statements to correct the public record. These statements reiterated comments they had made over the past year. As I believe the U.S. Attorney has made it clear that ongoing public dialogue is not helpful to his investigation, we will have no additional comment on the matter.”

Recent Headlines

in Weird

This raccoon thinks its a dog


Little Pumpkin thinks she is just another canine.

in Weird

Keep my pot pure


Some pot smokers in Colorado are getting out of joint -- over pesticides in their legal weed.

in Music

Mushroomhead singer Waylon Reavis quits


Reavis, who has fronted the band for the past 11 years, announced the news to fans on Monday via a video message on his website.