Soundgarden has issued a new music video for “Halfway There,” a song taken from the band’s 2012 reunion album, King Animal. “Halfway There” is the third single and video released from the disc, following “Been Away Too Long” and “By Crooked Steps.” The video for the latter track was directed by Foo Fighters frontman Dave Grohl.
As previously reported, Soundgarden plans to take a break from touring after the band completes its upcoming European trek, which began Wednesday night (September 4th) in Helsinki, Finland and ends on the 19th in London.
- Soundgarden vocalist Chris Cornell will launch a solo acoustic tour of North America on October 15th in San Diego, wrapping up six weeks later on November 30th in Atlantic City, New Jersey.
- The shows will draw on material from all stages of Cornell’s career — including the first-ever acoustic performances of tracks from King Animal.
- Meanwhile, Soundgarden drummer Matt Cameron, who also plays drums for Pearl Jam, will hit the road with the latter group beginning on October 11th in Pittsburgh. The new Pearl Jam album, Lightning Bolt, arrives on October 15th.
- Soundgarden bassist Ben Shepherd issued his debut solo album, In Deep Owl, on August 27th.
- Guitarist Kim Thayil recently said he’ll spend the band’s downtime working on compiling the Soundgarden B-sides box set, which will collect songs from European and Australian singles, movie soundtracks and other sources.
CHECK IT OUT: Watch the new video for “Halfway There”: