Pearl Jam guitarist Stone Gossard has some good news for the group’s fans: the 10th studio album from the band is nearing completion. Speaking with GuerillaCandy.com, Gossard reported, “It’s almost done and as far as what it sounds like, it sounds like Pearl Jam. You’re going to hear some rock songs and you’re going to hear some quiet songs and you’ll hear some song in between. That’s all I can really say about it because we aren’t talking about it yet, so it doesn’t make much sense for me to say anything.”
- Gossard did not give any hint of when the record, the first from the band since 2009′s Backspacer, would come out.
- Guitarist Mike McCready discussed the disc recently, saying some of the songs were “pretty amazing.” He added that drummer Matt Cameron had written “a really cool one that’s kind of ethereal meets U2-ness, I wrote kind of a punk rock one and a Pink Floyd thing, so there’s all these kinds of things going on . . . We’ll put all of those things in the Pearl Jam thing, and hit mix, and mix it up.”
- The new album will reportedly come out in late 2013 or early 2014.
- Meanwhile, Gossard will release a new solo album called Moonlander on June 25th, his second solo effort and first since 2001′s Bayleaf.
- Pearl Jam will play in London, Ontario on July 16th, Chicago’s Wrigley Field on July 19th, and at the Voodoo Music Experience in New Orleans in early November.